“So, here we have it! A definitive list of things that help me lead a happier lifestyle, fill me with a little bit of warmth, put a smile on my face and give me that buzz we all want – even if they are tiny, fleeting moments.”
Well, this is exciting. Hi, you!
As this is my very first post on Madelaineblogs, I thought I’d start off with a quick one. A post where you can (hopefully) get to know me a little better.
And, what better way to get to know someone than to find out what makes them tick? I thought I’d share with you the little things in life that make me happy, smile from ear to ear and generally just feel good.
We’re all guilty of not appreciating the smaller things in life. Myself included. So, every once in a while, I like to take a step back to do just that. Plus, the even greater thing about writing down those things? It makes you feel pretty damn lucky.
So, here we have it! A definitive list of things that help me lead a happier lifestyle, fill me with a little bit of warmth, put a smile on my face and give me that buzz we all want – even if they are tiny, fleeting moments.
A definitive list of things that help me lead a happier lifestyle:
- My amazing family and friends. Obvs.
- The smell of freshly cut grass. Oh, hi there summer!
- Stepping off a plane and feeling that hot air hit you.
- Autumn – I love all of the gorgeous colours!
- Chocolate. Sweets. Biscuits. And more chocolate. I’m a girl with a serious sweet tooth FYI.
- Christmas. If you’re a grinch, you’re in the wrong place.
- A freshly cleaned and tidied house. I mean, fresh bed sheets. Come on…
- Days out exploring with Harry.
- Making lists. I’m a super freak at being organised.
- Travelling to new destinations.
- Flowers/ plants/ greenery/ countryside.
- Reading. I’m trying to make more of a conscious effort to read more lately, especially before going to bed. It makes me sleep 100% better!
- A cup of tea with biscuits. Chocolate digestives or bourbons preferably. Dunked.
- Cute stationary.
- Brunch outings in cute cafe’s.
- Sitting in front of a fire in the winter, watching a film.
- Long, countryside walks.
- Socks! (My gorgeous kitten FYI), and all animals in general, to be honest.
- Buying gifts for other people.
- Freshly painted nails.
- And of course, a classic Sunday roast. My number one meal choice.
So tell me, what are the simple things in life which put a smile on your face? Head on over to my Instagram page and let me know!